Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, July 3, 2011

So I hops in my Schwinn!

Wow, so much to blog about! 


I'll tell more about our big "date" but first I have to share a few pictures and tell about our snazzy jogger! Stella and I went for our first run together this morning, and it was great! I ordered this jogger the other day at a super huge bargain! It was 50% off at Amazon! That is why I love, love, love Baby Cheapskate! Well, it came on Wednesday, but Derek and I hadn't had time to put it together. On Friday night, Derek and I assembled it while Stella took a nap... 




We had big plans of getting up and going for a Saturday morning run together, and we spent most of the assembly time talking about how excited we were. BUT we didn't think about the tires needing air... boo! :( So on our date last night, we picked up a bike pump. After Stella woke up from her little snooze, we popped her in to make sure everything fit well and we had the straps safely adjusted:




Well, Derek filled the tires last night, and this morning, Stella and I went for a short run while Derek cut the grass. I LOVED it! I am SO pleased with this jogger. I had heard fabulous things about BOBs since one of my former coworkers had a BOB Revolution. Let's be honest, BOBs are crazy expensive, like 400-450 dollars! Also, we had read that a swivel front wheel can be dangerous if you're running fast enough and turning quickly, so we checked out Consumer Reports. It rated this one as the number one jogger, so we waited for a good sale. And when I saw 50% off, I knew I couldn't beat that! 


It's absolutely perfect. It turns easily, and it's SUPER light. Stella just lays back and bounces along! I had asked Dr. DeMauro about joggers a while back, and he had recommended just waiting until she could hold her head up. He also mentioned laying it ALL the way back so she gets a swinging effect. It worked perfectly. We only ran maybe 2-2.5 miles since I wanted to be careful. I didn't want to be far away from our house and Stella have a complete meltdown or anything. 


I am SO pleased and I cannot recommend this jogger enough! I am in love! I'm so happy that I can run in the mornings now when Derek goes to work. I had been waiting for Derek to come home, but it's so hot here that I hadn't been running. It gets so hot during the day that the other day I thought my brains were cooking. Running in 100 degrees sucks. 


Anyway, so excited! :D


As for our date! Wow... we both nearly chickened out at the last minute. At around 3, Derek came in the nursery as I was playing with Stella, and said, "I am so sad. I just don't think I can leave her." I flipped. I was like, "I'm calling Ashley. We're not leaving." Well, we decided to be tough and just get it over with. Ashley came at 4:45, and we showed her around and left around 5pm. We had some dinner (which was mostly spent talking about Stella!) and then went to Target to get a bike pump and a few other things.


We wanted to get some onesies and sleepers for Stella and we figured we'd just pick some up there. We had these grand plans of going to the outlet mall, but the road into HHI was insane. It was bumper to bumper and all of Hilton Head was packed for the holiday weekend. We opted for good ol' Target. We can take the back roads there super easily. Besides, we love Target stuff. It's always super cute and at a good price! 


Derek had been wanting to buy Stella some plain white onesies since she was born, and I kept telling him that it was dumb. I finally indulged him after he said, "You could take a fabric marker and draw on it!" Haha! He likes to keep things simple, so I probably won't draw on them. I mostly gave in because I want her to have things that he picks out, too. I shouldn't hog that privilege. We bought size 6 mos. onesies, and they totally fit. I can't believe how big she is! 


We also bought a Halo Sleepsack since Stella hulks out of her old swaddlers. We want her to be warm at night, and we thought this was a good option. They had one on clearance, so bonus for finding a good sale! 


We also picked up some different pacifiers that mimic boobs. I'm trying to break her of the habit of sucking her lips. Sounds weird, I know. She does this thing where she starts sucking her bottom and top lips, and I want her to use a pacifier. Derek thinks it's totally fine for her to do that and says she'll likely stop when she has teeth. It just freaks me out for some reason, but she won't give in on the pacifiers. :( She hates them -- even the new ones! 


We had a lot of fun, but we definitely missed her. It was super hard to be away from her. It was the first time she wasn't with one of us since she was born. She's only been away from me for an hour or so when I've been running and Derek has watched her. I definitely don't want to do it all the time, but it was a good treat to get to eat in peace and just chat with Derek. 


Anyway, I want to get back to relaxing while Stella naps this afternoon! :) 


1 comment:

  1. I love the napping picture. Her cheeks!! I love it! Yay for date night and the jogging stroller! Lila sucks her bottom lip too. It looks weird. She likes Playtex "Binky" pacifiers.. they claim to be "most like mother's nipple".. haha. She's also starting to try to suck her thumb, so we'd rather go the pacifier route. Hope you find on she likes.

    ReplyDelete