Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

More on Nannies... and online classes!

So, let me start with the good news: I'm going to be teaching FOUR online classes! Yes, you heard it here, folks! No going in or driving to Beaufort or any of that stuff (not that it would've been hard). I'm so happy. So, I'll be doing my TAing for Ashford University - which I'm already doing - and that makes 1 class every four weeks. Classes at Ashford are 5 weeks long, and they always overlap by 1 week for the TA since there are never assignments due in week 1. Then, I'll have two classes that start on August 18th for TCL and then two more classes that start in October. Those two are for accelerated semester classes, so they're only 8 weeks long. I am SO excited. Best part: I get to teach 2 ENG 102 classes. ENG 102 is Composition and Literature. Yay!


Now, I did interview the girl I'm most interested in for the nanny position today. Since I'll be doing five classes at once, I knew I'd need an extra set of hands so I can get my grading done. Derek and I decided that we'll have the nanny come for about 2-3 hours one day a week, maybe two if things get hectic, just to watch Stella while I grade in our office. I'll be in the house with her, so I'll hear everything going on and I won't have to worry about anyone stealing her (thanks, Mom :/). 


As for the nanny, she seems super. Her name is Kaylie, and she's new to Bluffton. She just got married last month, and her husband is a pastor in the area. She has six years of experience, and she seemed really nice. She knows CPR, and her references have been fantastic. I really like her, and I think she'll be a good fit. I just hope I didn't weird her out. I was talking about cloth diapers and being environmentally friendly, and then, she asked where my husband works, and I said SCAD. After I left, I thought, "I bet she thinks we're total hippies." I was talking about how I like to let Stella make her own schedule and if she wants to be in a sleeper all day then that's cool with me. Oh well. Hopefully, I didn't scare her away. I'm sure she'll shit when she sees that Derek is covered in tattoos. 


She's really nice, and I hope that she'll accept the position when I offer it to her tomorrow. I really think it will work out well since I won't be worried about Stella and I'll be home with her. 


I spent some of this afternoon - between grading - setting up my office space. It had always been the hub for bullshit and coupons and random crap. I wanted to make it more "workable" and feel a little more like an office. I also moved Stella's swing next to my chair so I can have her right next to me when I'm grading. 


Overall, I'm thrilled with how things are turning out. I feel so blessed to be given the ability to be home with our girl. I would have really missed her if I had gone back to work full-time. Well, I better run. Derek is due home from work any second now, and I need to go throw the frozen pizza in the oven. Oh, how I slave over dinner... haha. 

1 comment:

  1. I did not mean to FREAK you ou about baby stealing I am just a news freak and I just wanted you to really be careful and not give your address out until you checked the people out first. I promise never to voice my fears again.

    ReplyDelete