Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day, Ikea, and Nannies... a quick update

Well, I only have a quick second for a posting. I still have a lot to do. Derek and I haven't totally unpacked from being out of town all weekend, and we have some new Ikea stuff to put away. I just finished grading, and I wanted to take a second to share some photos from our weekend in ATL.



Derek took this one when she woke up from her nap. We took her pack and play for her to sleep in. It worked out really well. 


Stella and Derek as we were getting packed up. 


In the elevator on the way out. I wanted to get a good "Father's Day" shot of them. I put that onesie on her - it says "I <3 Daddy" - but she wouldn't move her little pig arm. 

I hope Derek had a good Father's Day. I made his favorite dinner - pear and gorgonzola pizza - and I baked a chocolate cake since he LOVES chocolate. We just chilled and enjoyed spending time with Stella while she was in a good mood. We played some music for her to keep her happy:


Stella and Derek "dancing" to Miles Davis. Stella pooped out at this point, but it was cute to see Derek bouncing and swinging around with her :)

Anyway, all is well. I went and cleaned out my desk at SCAD today, and that made me really sad. I think it's always sad when you make a big transition in your life. I still need to pick up my books from TCL, and I caved and emailed Dr. Fletcher (our Dean) to see if she'd let me just teach the two online classes. I'm still waiting to hear back from her.

I interview a nanny tomorrow at 11am, and I'm still working on the backup. I found a great one from Hilton Head who has 10 years of experience. I think she'd be perfect, too. I may interview her on Friday. I think this nanny search will turn out to be good even if I don't teach classes regularly. We could use this person as a sitter for a movie night or something. We'll see what Dr. Fletcher says...

Well, I better run. Lots to do while the pig sleeps.


No comments:

Post a Comment