Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Swimsuit Edition

Stella was in a good mood, so we decided to revisit the crab pool this morning. Remember this posting? Well, it went much better. 


While Derek blew up the crab pool, I dressed Stella for her swimsuit debut. Here she is, ready to play:





And, here is the crab pool... ready to go:




He's a bit of an amputee... one of his claws has a hole in it, so it stayed deflated :( 


We popped her in, and she seemed rather confused:





And we tried the bumbo to help things out:


That seemed to confuse her even more. She's not such a fan of the bumbo. So, I hopped in...




Don't judge me. haha.


She seemed to be having fun, splashing around with her legs. 




She seemed to be getting a little irritated by the bugs - which are horrible here - and by the sun. We had to do this early since it gets so hot here. By the afternoon, it's so hot that our dogs don't like to go outside. Being outside feels, I imagine, the way a lobster feels as he's placed into a stock pot. Hot and humid. Bleck.


Anyway, we came in.



Derek changed her out of her wet suit while I changed. Then, she ate and is now chilling in her swing. I think she had fun. She's still a little confused by it, but I think it will be perfect in October or so when the temperature is reasonable and she's a little more independent. I really don't want to take her to our community pool since it's full of chemicals. I worry they'd get in her mouth or irritate her skin.

Anyway, I think she looks adorable in her swimsuit! She's a natural beauty :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment