Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Let's get this started...

Well, I suppose it's time to make this official, and by making it official, I mean starting a blog. Yes, we are expecting our first child in April 2011. Currently, our due date is set for April 10, 2010, but because I have wacky woman parts, it could fall anywhere between April 1 and April 10. I don't really get how that happens, and that's fine. 

We're currently at 8 weeks, and we're chugging along nicely - according to the doctor. We saw the heartbeat last week, and I am currently moody, fat, and hungry. From what I'm reading on all these sites, it's pretty normal to feel that way right about now. I don't think I've ever felt so fat... or hungry. And, I'm sure Derek would say that I've never been this moody. 

We look forward to sharing our adventure with you! If nothing else, you'll gain an appreciation for my sarcasm, even with matters as precious and wonderful as having a child

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Come see my blog - we can comment on each others!

    http://mightyfinelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SOOOO happy for you!! It's such a blessing!!! It will change your life forever!!! Congrats you two!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea starting a blog about the pregnancy experience ... *cough*SympathayFatigue*cough* ... Just don't expect to have the time or energy to write about having a baby after you've actually had the baby.

    So much material, so little time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hah- nice! I'm sure that will be the case! See, Sympathy Fatigue is all about your experience! Derek wanted to do something along the lines of a "bad beer blog" since he's been buying terrible beer (because I don't drink). The blog is a great idea for sharing with family, and Derek's brother and his fiancée live in Serbia. Just trying to keep everyone in the loop :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great idea, even I can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG MJ I just found out, I am sitting here crying from happiness for you & Derek, I called AG when I seen on FB a comment that Melissa had sent you, I never had a clue, Goo told me to check out your blog and to quit crying, lol. She is on the road to P. town she started vacation at 5 today. I am going on record as predicting a healthy 7 pound 4 ounce little girl. So happy, congratulations again and we love you both & the wee little Ratcliff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh and I could not figure out how to leave my name that is why the above comment doesn't have my name, kept asking me for an AIM, just so you know this is your Aunt Angie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aunt Angie: I figured it was you when you were talking about Goo! Thank you so much! :) Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome! And I can see that you guys are actively updating the blog (for the last couple of days at least). Congratulations (again)! And let those posts come...
    :)
    Zsuzsi

    ReplyDelete