Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Ahhhh! I'm crazy busy!

Well, it's been a long time since I've posted anything. I'm a terrible mom-blogger. :( 


I've been really busy with work, and I've been completing a four week interview session to be an online teaching assistant for Ashford University. I'm also enrolled in CMPA 110 online through SCAD so I can learn Illustrator and Maya. I've used Photoshop before, and I thought this would be a good chance to learn some more software. Back when I was a bored housewife, I made comics that I would post to my myspace blog. I'd like to get back to doing that at some point in my life. Funny enough, I have one where I'm having a conversation with my uterus by phone, and I hang up on it. Maybe I can dig that one out for the blog... 


Enough about me. This blog isn't about Mindy. 


So far, the pregnancy has been fine. I'm definitely getting a belly now. I've been wearing some maternity clothes already. They're just so comfortable. Oh, and I can actually feel my uterus. Derek was able to feel it, too. It's like I have a basketball under my skin, just above my pelvis. It's neat :D 


Lately, I've felt awful because I think my blood sugar may be really low. Typically, I don't eat small meals throughout the day. I eat breakfast, snack for lunch, and dinner. End of story. Yesterday, I went for a run in the morning, and I came back and ate. By 9, I had a headache. I was ridiculously tired, and I felt a couple times like I might faint. Well, I went and ate a Veggie Sammy from Quiznos for lunch in lieu of my Kefir. It was tasty. It helped for a little while to have something more substantial than drinkable yogurt. 


I came home last night and ate a Chik'n Patty  and a salad. I don't really like meat, and I was once a vegetarian. It's really hard for me to eat a lot of meat without forcing myself to do it. I honestly feel better about myself when I am a vegetarian, but my anemia forces me to eat red meat. Anyway! Back to the story! About 30 minutes after my patty, I felt HORRIBLE. I was lightheaded, and I felt physically sick. My heart was racing like I had gone for a run. Then, I went to bed, and I woke up several times, sweating profusely. Ol' trusty WebMD says that these are signs of hypoglycemia. I had already been warned by my doctor's office that I had low blood sugar, so I wasn't surprised. 


Today, I felt pretty much the same until I had a big lunch. I had some peanut butter crackers along with my Lean Cuisine pizza. 


Tasty.

Well, I guess the point of this story is to say that I've felt pretty yucky lately, but I think I just need to eat more, and I need to eat more often. 

My cravings so far have mostly been milk and citrus-y stuff. I've never had so much grapefruit in my life. I've also craved Mexican food, but that was a pre-pregnancy craving, and who doesn't crave Mexican food? 

Once the belly is a little more visible, I'll post some pictures. I can't believe I'm almost finished with my first trimester. Only another full week! So exciting! 




1 comment:

  1. Peanut butter & cheese crackers should be a good alternative for meat, alot of protein, I could live on them. Hope you feel better soon dear niece, cannot wait to see pics of a big belly on you, I know with your eating habits it will be all baby and that is awesome, you are going to have a very healthy baby! And yes I still predict a girl. Have you & Derek thought of any names yet? Big hugs to you both! Love you AA. Still have no clue on how to be anything except anonymous. XOXO.

    ReplyDelete